Milo Morbius, born Lucien Crown, is the surrogate brother and best friend of Doctor Michael Morbius, who suffers from the same disease as Morbius. He undergoes Morbius serum, transforming him into a Human/Vampire hybrid.
At a private hospital in Greece, a 10-year-old Michael Morbius welcomes the arrival of his surrogate brother Lucien, who he decides to name "Milo" instead. Both children suffer from the same rare blood disease which prevents their bodies from creating blood. After Michael manages to save Milo's life by fixing his broken blood pump, their surrogate father Dr. Nicholas arranges for Michael to study at a special school for geniuses in America while continuing to care for Milo himself.
Twenty-five years later, Milo is now a billionaire. Eventually, Milo goes in search of Morbius at his lab looking for Martine, unaware of her coma, he is surprised to see Morbius cured of his disease and seeking blood, but is outraged when Morbius refuses to give him the cure. Later, while checking in on the comatose Martine at their hospital, Morbius finds a nurse has been drained of her blood and killed. Believing himself responsible, he attempts to escape the hospital before allowing Stroud and Rodriguez (who had deduced his involvement in the vampire killings from a signed origami bat he had left on the boat) to arrest him when confronted. In prison, Morbius is met by Milo posing as his lawyer, who promises to use his connections to have him freed. After Milo leaves without his cane, Morbius realises he had taken the cure and most likely killed the nurse, and escapes from prison to confront him, hearing him kill a man who mocked Morbius for his original disability. Admitting he killed the nurse, but only due to the same bloodlust that caused Morbius to kill the ship's crew, Milo asks Morbius to join him in embracing their truer selves and live as vampires, before killing a group of police officers attempting to arrest Morbius and leaving.
The next day, Morbius meets with Martine, telling her of Milo's involvement, and asking her to stay away from him.
Elsewhere, Stroud and Rodriguez finds footage of one of Milo's attacks. Recognizing him as someone other than Morbius, and his vampirism to be spreading, they release it to the media. Although virtually unrecognisable, Milo is recognised by Nicholas, who goes to his apartment and pleads with him to stop. Deriding him for always treating Morbius as "daddy's favourite", Milo mortally wounds Nicholas and tells him to call Morbius. As Morbius responds to Nicholas' phone call and goes to his side, seeing him die, Milo makes his way to Martine and mortally wounds her as well. Hearing her final moments, Morbius makes his way across the city and holds her in his arms as she dies, before feeding on her blood. Confronting Milo, Morbius tackles him into the sewers, before summoning an army of thousands of bats from the sewers and setting them upon Milo, keeping him motionless long enough for Morbius to use his compound on him, ending his bloodlust. Tearfully accepting of Morbius for having given him his name, Milo dies in his arms. Mourning Milo and Martine, Morbius takes flight with the vampire bat swarm in full sight of the city, embracing his identity as a vampire.
Have secks have secks. Milo likes to dance.
Powers and abilities
- Pseudo-Vampirism: Michael Morbius created a supposed cure for his rare blood disease and used it on himself, upon which he transformed into a Living Vampire. Milo took the serum and now possesses several superhuman powers. When Milo uses his powers, his overall appearance changed as well. He gained fangs and claws, his nose flattened to appear more bat-like, and his skin became extremely pale. His eyes also change color depending on what ability he is using, whether it be their normal red color, or white and black star-like shapes when he is using his echolocation. He claims to have the constitution of an Olympic athlete in addition to strength and speed increased to superhuman levels.
- Superhuman Strength: Milo is numerous times stronger than any normal human, enabling him to overpower and manhandle full grown men with relative ease. He is also able to go toe to toe with other living vampires such as Michael Morbius.
- Superhuman Durability: Milo’ body is much harder and more resistant to conventional forms of physical injury than the body of a human being. He can withstand falls from great heights like buildings, and tremendous impact forces from other superhuman beings, like Michael Morbius without sustaining injury.
- Superhuman Speed: Milo is capable of movement at exceptionally high speeds even being able to dodge bullets. His power causing him to generate an aura of energy currents and mist-like shapes of the color of the clothes he has using, much like fire or wind, leaving behind a trail of it as he ran. He proved capable of equalize Michael in a high speed hand-to-hand combat during their fights, able to dodge his feral attacks and land his own blows. Milo’s speed allows him to slow time itself down and the environment.
- Superhuman Agility: Milo possesses greater agility, dexterity, balance, and body coordination than that of a normal human being.
- Superhuman Stamina: Milo’ advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a normal human. As a result, his muscles virtually do not produce fatigue toxins during physical activity. His endurance allows him to exercise his maximum capacity for an indefinite period of time without tiring at all.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Milo can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds.
- Enhanced Senses: Milo can hear, smell and see far better than a normal human, even being able to use his enhanced senses to track his targets.
- Echolocation: Milo can use echolocation similar to a bat to isolate and track prey even in giant cities.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Milo' metabolism enables him to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissue with greater speed and efficiency than that of a human.
Fangs and claws
- Michael Morbius - best friend, surrogate brother, killer
- Smith was initially falsely reported to be playing the Marvel supervillain Loxias Crown / Hunger in the film.
- In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Matt Smith said that Karen Gillan, who portrays the anti-hero Nebula in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, persuaded him to take on the role of Milo Morbius in Morbius.